Clint Escamis comes back with a vengeance to rule Week 2 of NBTC 24 NCAA Edition
ABS-CBN Sports on Jul 25, 2018 03:33 PM
Clint Escamis jumped 15 spots to take the top spot in Week 2 of the NBTC 24 NCAA Edition
Clint Escamis' NCAA 94 Juniors Basketball Tournament began with him fouling out and Mapua getting upset.
And so, the graduating guard wanted nothing more than to come back with a vengeance in their next game.
He did just that, and more, dropping 28 points to go along with seven rebounds and three assists all while leading the Red Robins to a convincing victory versus defending champion La Salle Green Hills.
For that mighty rebound, Escamis jumped 15 spots in the Chooks-to-Go/NBTC NCAA 24 and now stands atop the Week 2 rankings of the best players in the tournament.
Following Mapua's main man is Lyceum forward John Barba who continued his breakout season by stuffing the stat sheet with 30 points, eight rebounds, three assists, and three steals.
Joining them in the top five are two Arellano players who made their season debuts in style.
Rom Junsay wasted no time in re-introducing himself to the NCAA Juniors with a career-high 34-point performance that put him as the third-ranked player in the league while teammate Aaron Fermin posted a powerful 10-point, 23-rebound double-double to claim fifth.
Last week’s number one LSGH's Joel Cagulangan dropped to number three to complete this week’s top five.
Positioned at sixth to tenth are Ezdel Galoy of Perpetual, Inand Fornilos of LSGH, John Amores of JRU, Dan Arches of Mapua, and Joshua David of LSGH.
Second-ranked Milo Janao from San Sebastian experienced the biggest drop in this week’s rankings, falling from the second spot to the 15th spot.
Here are the complete Week 2 rankings of the Chooks-to-Go/NBTC NCAA 24:
1. Clint Escamis (Mapua) (16)
2. John Barba (Lyceum) (10)
3. Rom Junsay (Arellano) (not ranked)
4. Joel Cagulangan (LSGH) (1)
5. Aaron Fermin (Arellano) (not ranked)
6. Ezdel Galoy (Perpetual) (3)
7. Inand Fornilos (LSGH) (4)
8. John Amores (JRU) (not ranked)
9. Dan Arches (Mapua) (not ranked)
10. Joshua David (LSGH) (not ranked)
11. Zach Estacio (San Beda) (8)
12. Mclaude Guadana (Lyceum) (22)
13. Joshua Gallano (Perpetual) (5)
14. RC Calimag (LSGH) (13)
15. Milo Janao (San Sebastian) (2)
16. Cjay Boado (EAC) (not ranked)
17. Marlon Espiritu (Arellano) (not ranked)
18. Yukihiro Kawamura (Perpetual) (11)
19. Lars Sunga (Arellano) (not ranked)
20. Jonnel Policarpio (Mapua) (not ranked)
21. Sydney Mosqueda (LSGH) (not ranked)
22. Karl Mariano (Mapua) (23)
23. Adrian Balowa (EAC) (not ranked)
24. Kean Baclaan (San Sebastian) (9)
This year, there will be three separate editions of the NBTC 24 – one for the NCAA, one for the UAAP, and one for the CESAFI – to accommodate the Juniors calendar for the whole year.
After all three editions have been completed, a final list composing the top 24 players nationwide will then be chosen to participate in the annual NBTC All-Star Game in March.