Mayweather to make mega bout announcement within the week
Milan Ordoñez on Feb 14, 2015 06:49 PM
Photo credit: Floyd Mayweather Official Facebook fan page
MANILA – It appears like the mega bout negotiations are indeed headed to its finalization.
After a week of silence from both the Mayweather and Pacquiao camps, the Filipino eight-division world champion spoke up, confirming that all signs point to positive in terms of sealing the deal.
This past week, Pacquiao told a local television network that all that is left to be delivered is Mayweather’s signature.
“I am just waiting for the contract,” he said in Filipino.
A great majority of the deal’s terms clearly favor Mayweather, from the purse split, to the venue, which was said to be the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao, who had already spoken to Mayweather face to face, both at an NBA game and in his hotel room late last month, also confirmed that Mayweather would be the one to make the big announcement.
This was confirmed by a source close to “Pacman”, noting that the big announcement will be made within the coming week.
“In the contract, Mayweather has the privilege to announce the fight,” the source adds.
Pacquiao is currently in General Santos, and will be doing his preach work in Cagayan De Oro, as well.
Stay tuned to ABS-CBN Sports.com for developments regarding this story.
Follow this writer on Twitter: @Mr_Ordonez