Mayweather denies completion of mega bout deal during NBA All-Star game

Milan Ordoñez on Feb 16, 2015 12:06 PM
Mayweather denies completion of mega bout deal
Photo credit: Floyd Mayweather Official Facebook fan page

MANILA – The pound-for-pound boxing king once again shut down reports about the completion of his fight deal against Manny Pacquiao.

Floyd Mayweather, who was in attendance at the Madison Square Garden for the NBA All-Star Weekend, categorically denied all rumors that a $250 million dollar fight contract between two fighters has been completed.

“I haven’t signed yet, and he hasn’t signed yet,” Mayweather said during a short interview towards the end of the game’s third quarter. “It’s just been speculations and rumors, but hopefully we can make the fight happen.”

Over the last two days, news about supposedly the negotiations moving forward has come afloat once again, after Pacquiao himself claimed that his end of the deal was already completed.

“I am just waiting for the contract,” Pacquiao told a local television network in an interview this past week.

Mayweather is in New York City since late last week, and his appearances at the NBA’s weekend festivities led many to believe that an announcement would be made during Sunday night’s All-Star game (Monday morning, Manila time). 

When asked for a comment, Pacquiao just left it all up to Mayweather, instead.

"Hayaan nalang natin siya mag-announce (Let us all just wait for him to make the announcement)," Pacquiao told Dyan Castillejo of ABS-CBN News. 

 

Follow this writer on Twitter: @Mr_Ordonez

Latest News