Mayweather-Pacquiao tickets remain non-existent

Milan Ordoñez on Apr 21, 2015 10:55 AM
Mayweather-Pacquiao tickets remain non-existent
Photo credit: AP images

MANILA - With less than two weeks until the mega bout, tickets for public consumption have not yet been released.

Both Bob Arum representing Manny Pacquiao and Leonard Ellerbe for Mayweather made previous statements about tickets being released supposedly by the end of last week. However, as of Monday (Tuesday, Manila time), no new announcement has been made.

Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz put the blame on one of the major issues that had been plaguing the five-year on-paper match-up for a while now: greed.

"It's a real mess right now," Koncz said in a previous interview with ESPN.com. "I can only surmise the motivation is greed and an attempt to manipulate the tickets, otherwise why the holdup? I'm more than a little upset they're not for sale to the public."

In another interview with the Los Angeles times, Koncz adds that while the ticket quandary "is not going to do anything to the fight," there still lies a number of disagreements between both camps.

“My understanding is Mayweather Promotions is trying to increase [its] amount and make some kind of side deal with the MGM to get extra tickets, which is not what we agreed to."

"But tickets might not be available until the week of the fight. That’s what I was told"

Tickets are supposedly put out ten days prior to fight night, which makes the current situation beyond bizarre. In another report by BadLeftHook.com, Arum claimed to have heard stories about paying patrons cancelling their Las Vegas reservations out of fear of not being able to acquire tickets.

Fight night is 11 days away.

 

--

Follow this writer on Twitter: @Mr_Ordonez

Latest News