Arum denies completion of Pacquiao-Khan negotiations

ABS-CBN Sports on Nov 04, 2015 05:01 PM
Arum denies completion of Pacquiao-Khan negotiations
Photo credit: AP Images (File photo)

On Tuesday (Wednesday, PHT), Jeff Powell of the Daily Mail released a story stating that the negotiations for the Manny Pacquiao vs. Amir Khan bout on April 9th of the coming year has been completed.

According to Powell’s report, Khan’s father Shah told the publication that his son had already agreed to all the terms of the deal, adding that the paperwork had already been sent to Bob Arum. The report adds that the Khan camp had also set an alternative fight for “King Khan” in January, should the Pacquiao deal fall apart.

“We have been here before, with Mayweather so While we are confident the contract will be back with us in the next few days we are holding the second Saturday in January as a fall back date for an alternative fight," the elder Khan said.

Upon hearing the news, Arum was left dumbfounded by what he claimed as “complete bullsh*t”.

“I’m sitting here trying to figure a way to sell tickets to my fight [Saturday in Las Vegas between Timothy Bradley and Brandon Rios] and now my phone is ringing off the hook because this lunatic made some sh*t up," Arum said, speaking to Yahoo! Sports.

As of this posting, nothing has been finalized between Top Rank and the Khan camp. On Monday (Tuesday, PHT), Arum announced that the shortlist for Pacquiao’s next opponent has been narrowed down to Khan and current WBO light welterweight champion Terence Crawford.

Latest News