Fighters make weight for Pinoy Pride 35
Santino Honasan on Feb 26, 2016 02:44 PM
Main eventers "Prince" Albert Pagara and Yesner Talavera of Nicaragua both made weight for their WBO Intercontinental Jr. Featherweight title bout at Pinoy Pride 35 in Cebu
ALA Boxing’s young guns “Prince” Albert Pagara, Mark “Magnifico” Magsayo, and Kevin Jake “KJ” Cataraja, as well as their respective challenges all made weight for Saturday’s Pinoy Pride 35 fight card at the Waterfront Hotel and Casino in Cebu City.
Pagara, the reigning WBO Intercontinental Junior Featherweight Champion tipped the scales at 120 pounds, while his challenger, Nicaragua’s Yesner Talavera weighed in at 121.5 pounds, both within the 122-pound limit for their 12-round main event for the title.
Co-main eventer and reigning WBO Youth Featherweight Champion Magsayo weighed in at 125 pounds, so did his challenger, Mexico’s Eduardo “Fierita” Montoya for their 126-pound ten round title matchup.
Cataraja and Mexican opponent Tony Rodriguez both tipped the scales at 113 pounds for their featured eight round bout.
All the undercard fighters all made weight as well. See the full weigh-in results below.
- WBO INTERCONTINENTAL JR. FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (122 lbs. – 12 rounds)
- Albert Pagara (120 lbs.) vs. Yesner Talavera (121.5 lbs.)
- WBO YOUTH FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (126 lbs. – 10 rounds)
- Mark Magsayo (125 lbs.) vs. Eduardo Montoya (125 lbs.)
- 112 lbs. – 8 rounds
- Kevin Jake Cataraja (113 lbs.) vs. Tony Rodriguez (113 lbs.)
- 106 lbs. – 8 rounds
- Melvin Jerusalem (105.5 lbs) vs. Florante Condes (106.5 lbs.)
- 123 lbs. – 8 rounds
- Jeo Santisima (122 lbs.) vs. Marco Demecillo (122 lbs.)
- 140 lbs. – 8 rounds
- Elmo Traya (140.5 lbs) vs. Romeo Jakosalem (138 lbs.)
- 126 lbs. – 4 rounds
- Muhammad Ridhwan (127 lbs.) vs. Melchor Roda (126.5 lbs.)
- 108 lbs. – 4 rounds
- Esneth Domingo (107.5 lbs) vs. Vic Ejercito (107.5 lbs)