No plans for Kobe Bryant to play in BIG3 league next year

ABS-CBN Sports on Aug 22, 2018 07:24 AM
No plans for Kobe Bryant to play in BIG3 league next year
LOS ANGELES, CA - DECEMBER 18: Kobe Bryant address the crowd during his jersey retirement ceremony on December 18, 2017 at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE via Getty Images)

NEW YORK (AP) - Kobe Bryant won't be coming out of retirement to play in the BIG3 next year.

A spokesperson for the longtime Los Angeles Lakers star said Tuesday (Wednesday, PHL time) that Bryant isn't playing next season in the 3-on-3 league of former NBA players.

Speculation that Bryant would play had heated up earlier in the day when league co-founder and entertainment executive Jeff Kwatinetz said during the league's weekly conference call that he "did hear from a credible source yesterday that Kobe says he's playing next year."

But Molly Carter, chief marketing officer of Kobe Inc., says the NBA's No. 3 career scorer has no plans to do so.

The BIG3 wraps up its second season with the championship game on Friday in Brooklyn's Barclays Center.

Latest News