Prosecutor to review club incident involving James Harden
ABS-CBN Sports on Sep 17, 2018 06:57 AM
FILE - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK- APRIL 23: James Harden #13 of the Houston Rockets handles the ball during the game against the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game Four during the Western Conference Quarterfinals of the 2017 NBA Playoffs on April 23, 2017 at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. (Photo by Layne Murdoch/NBAE via Getty Images)
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Prosecutors are reviewing allegations that Houston Rockets star James Harden took a woman's cellphone outside a Scottsdale nightclub last month.
Police told The Arizona Republic that a city prosecutor is looking at their investigation.
The 42-year-old woman reported that she was recording a fight Aug. 11 when Harden grabbed her by the wrist.
She says he then grabbed her cellphone and threw it onto the roof.
According to the police report, Harden and someone in his entourage gave her $500 to pay for a replacement.
The woman was treated at a hospital for a wrist injury.
Harden, who played at Arizona State University, was voted the NBA's Most Valuable Player in June.
A representative for the Houston Rockets did not immediately respond Friday to a request for comment.