Pascua says EAC does not want a repeat of last year

Norman Lee Benjamin Riego on Sep 22, 2015 09:29 PM
Pascua says EAC does not want a repeat of last year
PLAYING DEFENSE. Raymund Pascua said he and Sidney Onwubere were just defending themselves during their parking lot incident with Perpetual.

Last year’s infamous on-court brawl haunted the NCAA anew when Emilio Aguinaldo College’s Raymund Pascua and Sidney Onwubere got involved with University of Perpetual Help’s Niko Cabiltes after their teams’ matchup on Tuesday at the San Juan Arena parking lot.

Even though early reports have not painted them in a good light, the Generals are still steadfast in their claim that they did not want to start anything. “Siyempre po we’ve learned our lesson from last year,” Pascua said, referring to the ugly melee between EAC and Mapua Institute of Technology exactly a year ago.

The EAC guard also shared that even before they reached the parking lot, the Altas seemed to be already looking for a fight. “Palabas pa lang ng arena, sa may pinto, nakita na namin silang inaabangan kami. Pero hindi na namin pinansin,” he said.

Pascua said that he and Onwubere kept their heads down while passing by the Perpetual players who were gathering in the parking lot. However, the two of them got riled up when the Altas, led by Cabiltes, started shouting sweet nothings at them.

“We didn’t start the fight. We just defended ourselves,” Pascua exclaimed. “Kawawa naman po kami pag ‘di pa kami lumaban. Talo na nga kami tapos gaganunin pa kami; double black eye na po kami kung ganun.”

---

Follow this writer on Twitter, @riegogogo.

Latest News