The 10 times Mika Reyes made us love her more
Barry Viloria on Jun 21, 2016 07:15 PM
Happy birthday to our ever-adorable Yeye! Here’s our tribute! (Photo by Vyn Radovan)
Ah, Mika Reyes.
How do we even start with Mika Reyes? The middle blocker has become such a favorite over the last five years she has played in the UAAP, attracting admiration just as much as controversies and criticisms. Her every move on television, online, and elsewhere nudges fans and haters alike. Such was her college and collegiate sports so memorable and exciting that last Saturday, she went all out by throwing a bang of a college graduation and birthday party at The Palace Pool Club in Taguig City.
Today, as our dear Yeye turns 22, we pick the most noteworthy moments in her life she chose to share to all of us fans online. Thank God for Instagram, right? No pretense, just love for the game, no fear of being real—that’s how we know her and for this, we’d like to wish her a blessed birthday plus a fruitful post-UAAP career, too!
1. Let’s start from that moment she finally graduated.
2. That moment she spoke about being a student-athlete at the DLSU College of Liberal Arts Recognition Rites.
"Always remember it takes 3 sets to win a volleyball match. No one wins after the first set. No one loses after the first set. If you're down one or two sets -- meaning you've failed once or twice in your careers after university, life does not end there, opportunities don't end there." A big smile from my face after delivering my speech at the CLA Recognition Rites. 🎓
3. Those days she just slayed it while on their team trip in Japan.
4. That moment she guested with a fellow queen.
5. That moment she became the muse of a PBA team, dropping jaws from the crowd.
6. That Halloween evening she wasn’t afraid to make a fool out of herself.
7. That time she put on an elaborate gown for a Santacruzan procession.
8. Those times she wore matchy-matchy with her best friend and fellow UAAP volleybelle Jessey de Leon.
9. That moment she released an adorable throwback of herself.
10. And finally those times she would post about the people closest to her heart. Nope, no guys.