Red Warriors to remain All-Filipino next year

Paul Lintag on Nov 05, 2016 04:29 PM
Red Warriors to remain All-Filipino next year
UE is sticking with an All-Filipino lineup next year despite a lost Season 79.

Despite submitting a worse performance in a season that many saw as their breakout year, the UE Red Warriors are still going with a full local lineup for Season 80.

One of the two teams who opted not to field a foreign student-athlete for Season 79, the Red Warriors suffered a free-fall this year, going 2-10 so far after their latest loss to National University.

This current record came after UE was one win away from the Finals Four in Season 78 and Season 77.

While the lack of quality reinforcement is hardly the factor in UE's lost season, head coach Derrick PUmaren told ABS-CBN Sports that the Red Warriors will remain All-Filipino in 2017.

"There is no reinforcement, it's gonna be All-Filipino pa rin next year," Pumaren said.

With UE failing to make some noise in Season 79, Manong Derrick couldn't help but lament on his team's blown opportunity.

"We were not able to play to our potential. I did not see the preseason team," the veteran mentor said.

Despite being labeled as the dark horse by opposing coaches in the preseason, Pumaren pointed to his key players not delivering what was expected of them as the chief culprit to their sudden crash.

"Guys that are supposed to deliver did not deliver," Pumaren said.

"They didn't give us anything this season. Very disappointing season. I don't know what happened with these players," he added.


---

Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8

Latest News